Friday 3 October 2014

How to Compress Time and Space of One Clip

To produce a music video there must be a compression of time and space. I shot one clip of a person walking from outside to inside and imported it into Premiere Pro to experiment with different ways that I could edit it.




So the first section is the original clip.

Jump Cuts:  I felt that the jump cuts worked really well and that this was the best out of all of them. I felt that there was a rhythm to the edit. This would go really well with Matthew P's track due to the pace of the song and the emphasis of note every time the bar changes.

Speeded Up: Despite being effective I disliked this edit due to the comical approach that it has and reminds me of Benny Hill. For this reason I will not speed up any clips as drastically (x400) as this, but I may use this slightly and subtly to shorten shots and progress the narrative.

Cutaways:  I only had one shot so I had to use the crop and zoom tool on Premiere Pro so the quality isn't at what it is desired so this informs me if I want to use cutaways then I will have to combine two different shots, one being a long shot and the other being a close-up. Although I found this effective I don't think it would suit the pace of the song as much as the jump cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment