Wednesday 15 October 2014

Weather Forecasts and Tidal Times

Although I am not reliant on the weather and neither need sunny or rainy weather, I will keep an eye on the weather to know what to expect and to be able to prepare.

15th October 2014
Here was a forecast from 29th October and is a summery of the weather. It goes up to the 12th November, which is three days before I start filming, but this gives me a general idea for the weather.

Below is the calender for November's weather, although it isn't as accurate as getting it nearer the date I will check back closer to the filming date. 


Friday 14th 2014

I have checked back a day before the main film date and looked at various different forecasts. This has given me an idea of what to expect tomorrow. I plan to arrive at 8am while it's meant to be misty. I will still arrive at this time and could maybe film in the town where it will be less misty or take some establishing shots of the mist. The mist is meant to rise at 9am so according to the schedule I will only miss out for 30 mins after the equipment set up. I also gathered more weather forecasts for the next upcoming month in case I need to film again.

I plan to film over the following weekend (22nd and 23rd November) to add more footage of the 'finding the bottle scenes' and 'lip syncing at Southwold' so I looked at the future outlooks. Although I don't intend to film any more I have looked at the later forecast in case I need to organise more shoots.
Above are tomorrow's tidal times, although the beach is large enough so there will always be places to film present, I will need to be aware on when to position myself close to the sea so that the sea doesn't invade on my filming. 

20th November 2014

Above is the weather for Sunday 23rd November for filming, it isn't as accurate as it could be so I will check back closer to the time. At the moment is looks like filming can go ahead between 8am and 12pm which is enough time to complete.

Above are the tidal times for Sunday 23rd November. I am happy with these times as according to the current predicted weather my filming will take place between 8am and 12pm, so the majority of the time the tide will be going out and then for a short amount of time the sea will be coming in, but this is unlikely to affect my filming.

Above is the weather for Friday 21st November. I will be using this time to film lip syncing within locations in Norwich when the lights will be on creating different effects. It will start to get dark at 15:54 but I will check when it will reach the right kind of light to film in, I will check the times tomorrow but I have a film slot of from 3:30 - 6pm. 

21st November 2014


Above is the light chart for tonight. It will probably be the best if I take advantage of Nautical Twilight, which is probably dark enough that it won't get picked up by the camera sensor and give the appearance that it is dark, it will also mean that the street lights will be on and I can take advantage of this. Overall my filming slot will last around 43 minutes between 16:33 and 17:15.

To ensure accurate weather I have checked back to see if there are any changes, the forecast is rain but the description suggests a drier outlook later in the day, this suggests that maybe I should move my filming time to later during the day. I will keep checking back to keep an accurate forecast and plan of times.


Here I have checked the tidal times again for Sunday 22nd November. They have changed by about an hour meaning that the high tide is going to be more obtrusive. I will only have an hour until the tide comes in, for this reason I will position myself further back to buy some time and so the sea doesn't intrude.

22nd November 2014

Above is the weather for tomorrow for where I plan to film. The weather is outlined to be rain and a yellow weather warning has been issued for this. For this reason I have regrettably had to cancel filming, but to reschedule for Monday 24th November. 

Above is the weather for Monday 24th November. I will be able to have a film slot from 8am to 3:50pm so the weather will alter but this will be alright if the weather alters as we will have enough time to get shelter and wait for the bad weather to pass. Filming will go ahead if there is no forecast of rain.

In preparation for filming I have looked at the tidal times. The tide will slowly be coming in during the filming slot of 8am to 11:23am, for this reason I will shoot the scenes away from the beach during these times and after 11:23 I will film the parts that take place on the beach due to the tide being less obtrusive and won't intrude filming spaces.
 
Sunday 23rd November
 
Above is the weather for tomorrows filming, I plan to film between 8am to 3:50pm where the weather is meant to be fine and dry. For this reason filming will take place on Monday 24th November and will go ahead.
 
Above are the tidal times for Monday 24th November. To ensure that the tide won't get in the way I will film the scenes away from the beach from 8am - 11am and then film on the beach between 11am - 3:50pm while the tide is going out, therefore not being an impediment.


1 comment: