Saturday 31 January 2015

Instax Research

To correspond with my demographic and the chilled atmosphere of the song I am considering using an Instax camera to take images with.


I will have to scan them in and they will be harder to manipulate on Photoshop but their becoming trendier due to their authenticity and no two images can be the same. Their popularity is being assisted by Taylor Swift's 1989 album which contains Polaroids. Taylor Swift is big in the genre singer/songwriter and therefore it is important that I keep up with trends to keep Matthew P current.


Below are some tutorials that I will be using to learn how to use the camera:

  

Different exposures:

I used different exposure levels on the same subject in a naturally light room. Below is how they turned out.


Instax 1: Inside Instax 2: Cloudy Instax 3: Sunny Instax 4: Very Sunny Instax 5: Hi-Key

I think the one that worked best was the Hi-Key, I really like the vibrant colours and I think this suits the nostalgic style. Although it does slightly overexpose certain areas but this 'bad quality' is quite fashionable as instant photos  The images 3 and 4 were too dark but this was more to do with light conditions rather than any other factor.

For these images to get on the blog I had to scan them which reduces the quality a little but the darker the image the more the bad quality shows up. Scanning is an effective way to reproduce them digitally.

 

Above I experimented with a scattered effect and I think this works really well. It would be improved if each of the images were of something different. It implies that more is there than what actually is therefore implying that the consumer is getting more for their money.


Above I also tried writing in the white spaces. This is done a lot on instant photos but here I feel it doesn't work. It distracts too much away from the image and there isn't enough room. For this reason I will exclude it from my ancillary products.


No comments:

Post a Comment