Wednesday 18 February 2015

Fourth Edit - Music Video

After taking a couple weeks break from my music video I decided to watch it again and to review it. I came up with this list of improvements:
  • The extreme close up of the eyes towards the start of the music video.
To build suspense I added an extreme close up of the girls eyes. This was at a 90 degree rotation and I felt that this rotation wasn't very fluent and disrupted the video. Although I have to have a rotation for an extreme close up to be featured (due to cropping already existing footage). In my fourth edit I have decreased the amount of rotation so there is less fragmentation and heightened fluency.
  • Check sound clips at around 30 seconds.
While watching my third edit I was convinced I could hear sound clips (pen on paper) from the original footage that wasn't intended. I checked the whole video and found no unintentional sound clips and checked again. Overall there were and are definitely no more sound bites that weren't intended.
  • Check lip syncing at 1:11.
Whilst watching I thought the lip syncing was slightly out but after slight alteration I believe the lip sync is now more convincing.
  • Change clip just before 1:14.
I found that one clip stuck out particularly just before 1:14 and after watching it repeated I found that I understood more and more why the clip was there and why it worked. Although to ensure it isn't just my opinion I will raise this point during audience feedback.
  • Check guitar playing is synced correctly.
During the close up of the guitar being plucked to the tune I found it to be slightly out of time. I corrected this error but then decided that there was too much focus on the guitar and it didn't match the pace of the music video. For this reason I shortened the music video and added two more clips.
  • Alter light leak at 1:58.
I added a light leak to create a fluent transition between far apart locations. I felt that this effect was too sudden and dark so I added a fade in and made it longer so there was more of a build up and a more successful transition.




No comments:

Post a Comment