Thursday 19 March 2015

Annotations Exercise

To get more feedback on my package I decided to present it to my demographic one more time. I gathered four people (two boys and two girls) separately and conducted a one to one and engaged in conversation with them about the products. I also encouraged them to annotate printed versions of my ancillary products.





Main Areas of Improvement for Magazine Advert:
  • "Text looks stretched out" In response to this I will make the text small and less stretched as I agree with this statement.
  • "Linear font doesn't match title" I disagree with this statement. Although they juxtapose I feel this works and conveys the font clearly. This opposition prevents information being lost in bulks of writing. Also there have been positive comments on the different fonts, so could just be personal preference.
  • "Flag appears to be off centre" I agree with this statement and could move it across in Adobe Photoshop CS6 but I really like this imperfect factor. This is exactly how I found it and I want to depict the imperfection of reality (like in the music video reality wasn't depicted as beautiful, despite the face I slightly romanticised youth homelessness). The flag was off centre in the music video so to maintain continuity I will keep it in its original position.   
  • Unclear on what YNDA logo is. I agree that because it isn't a mainstream record company it isn't recognisable. Yet this is part of the vital information needed on the advert so it will remain there.
  • The stars aren't central. I agree with this and will move them slightly to the right so they align with the top of the beach hut.





Main Improvements for Digipak:

  • "Seagulls would've made photos come alive" Although I agree with this and it would've complimented Matthew P's motifs, it wouldn't have fitted in anywhere on the digipak and would've looked out of place.
  • "Inconsistent Instax as last one doesn't fill frame" Again, like the off centre nature of the flag I like the imperfect nature and reflects the laid back nature of the genre and the song.
  • Keyboard Errors in thank you letter.
  • "Colours on Instax a bit dull" I agree with this but it's the nature of the camera and I find it reflects the first part of the music video with the young girl.
  • Repetition of Demo. I will remove the extra word Demo on the track list.


Main Improvements for Music Video:

  • Lip Syncing could be improved. I will review the lip syncing and alter it as this has been an ongoing issue so I will address it. If needs I will replace footage with other footage to get the right alignment.
  • Abrupt Ending. I agree that the video ends abruptly and to solve this I will fade in the sound of the waves (like at the beginning) and add one more shot of the subject walking to prevent this sudden finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment